Sunday 30 January 2011

... Plan

So the Plan is ... I have a fair May 14th at The Engine Shed is Lincoln, so this is my chance to get my act together and realise if people actually like what I do! The main fear of trying to be independent and attempting to be a designer is if people actually like your work! I mean I know I'm not going to be everyones cup of tea, but I would like to think that I would please my target Market!

So back to the plan!! It started yesterday when I catalogued all of my fabrics, including the scraps. Then I made a rough guestimation of what I could make out of it all! Most of my fabrics are vintage that I have kind of inherited over the years, I've been making things since I can remember, my nan teaching me on an old singer! But that's another story. Today I have designed 3 different dresses and produced the Patterns for 2. I have started embroidering again so I have around 5/6 brooches that need the pin puttin on them and I'm experimenting with doodle embroidery and coming up with some very random, surreal even, designs.

If only I could upload then from my iPhone to here without going on my laptop.

So the big test is dicipline! I have created a weekly plan that I must stick to if I am to get enough stock together to do the fair, I think i'll be working harder on this then I ever did at Uni, also to battle working 9-5 in a job that sucks the soul out of me and a hectic social life and to top it off I'm blessed with an awesome boyfriend that actually wants to spend time with me ... hmmm I may get him sewing for me again like he did when I was at Uni, the good old days!

Keep your eyes on this blog because it will be updated daily with new ideas and thoughts, trend predictions and sketches, random experiments and general ramble, enjoy xx

Any random questions contact tsouvallaris@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment